Privacy and HIPAA
The Website may provide links or references to websites operated by third parties. Once you enter another website, please be aware that Little Angel’s PPEC is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each site that you visit through a link on our Website.
This Website is not intended for use by children. To use the Website you must be at least 18 years of age or the legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction if that age is greater than 18 years of age.
If you do not want to receive special offers, marketing communications, newsletters, or other promotional communications from us, you may opt-out or withdraw your consent by following the steps described in each such Marketing Communication or by contacting us (see Contact Information below).
Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for such request to become effective. Also note that, after you opt-out, Little Angel's PPEC may still send you certain communications that are not primarily for marketing purposes and that Little Angel's PPEC deems important for all Website users to receive, such as notifications regarding technical problems with the Website.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties.
General Disclosures. We may disclose your personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Website’s policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety.
General Contractors/Vendors. We uses third parties (including contractors and service providers) to help with certain aspects of its operations, which may require disclosure of your Personal Information to them. For example, we may use a third party to communicate with you (via telephone, email, or letter) about our services, to send information to you, to host the Website and related databases, and to perform other work that we may choose to outsource. Little Angel’s Extended Pediatric Care requires these third parties to use your Personal Information only as necessary to perform the services they are asked to perform and these third parties must agree to keep this information confidential.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The ads appearing on the Website are delivered to you by a third party. Information about your visits to the Website, such as the contents of articles you view, the number of times you have viewed an ad, and your age, weight, gender, goals, and region may be used to tailor the ads that are served to you. Little Angel's PPEC does not share your name or email address with advertisers, unless you specifically select to share information to receive an offer. In the course of serving advertisements to the Website, third-party advertisers may also place cookies on your computer. However, if you do not wish to receive cookies or want to be notified of when they are placed, your browser may permit you to do so. For more information about how to opt-out of receiving emails or third-party offers, please see Personal Information above.
We use a combination of multiple firewalls and multiple levels of physical security to protect the personal you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, you should know that no company, including Little Angel's PPEC, can fully eliminate security or other risks associated with the possession of Personal Information. For example, we may be legally required to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Little Angel's PPEC uses health information about you for treatment, to obtain payment for treatment, for administrative purposes, and to evaluate the quality of care that you receive. Your health information is contained in a medical record that is the physical property of Little Angel's PPEC.
Uses and Disclosures that Require your Prior Authorization
The following uses and disclosures will require your authorization:
- Uses and disclosures of psychotherapy notes, except i) use by the originator of the psychotherapy notes for treatment; ii) use or disclosure for training programs in which students, trainees, or practitioners in mental health learn under supervision to practice or improve their skills in group, joint, family or individual counseling; or iii) use or disclosure to defend in a legal action or other proceeding by you.
- Uses and disclosures for marketing, except the following communications: i) a face-to-face communication by us to you; or ii) a promotional gift of nominal value.
- Disclosures that constitute a sale of protected health information.
Other uses and disclosures not described in this Notice will be made only with your written authorization.
Your Health Information Rights
You have the right to:
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45CFRß164.522; however, Little Angel's PPEC is not required to agree to a requested restriction unless it is a request to restrict disclosure of protected health information about you to your health plan and i) the disclosure is for the purpose of carrying out payment or health care operations and is not otherwise required by law; and ii) the protected health information pertains solely to a healthcare item or service for which you have paid in full.
- See copies of your electronic health records if the agency uses electronic health records.
- Obtain a paper copy of the notice of information practices upon request.
- Inspect and obtain a copy of your health record as provided for in 45 CFR§164.524.
- Amend your health record as provided in 45 CFR§164.426.
- Request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that i) action has already been taken, or ii) if the authorization was obtained as a condition of obtaining insurance coverage, other law provides the insurer with the right to contest a claim under the policy or the policy itself.
- Receive an accounting of where your protected health information was disclosed within six years of request.
You may contact Little Angel's PPEC and the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You will not be retaliated against for filing a concern. You may file a complaint with Little Angel's PPEC by sending a written notice to the address below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Little Angel's PPEC
1400 W State Road 434
Longwood FL 32750
Obligations of Little Angel's PPEC
Little Angel's PPEC is required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of protected health information;
- Provide you with this notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information;
- Notify you following a breach of unsecured protected health information;
- Abide by the terms of this notice;
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction on how your information is used or disclosed;
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may make to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations; and
- Obtain your written authorization to use or disclose your health information for reasons other than those listed above and permitted under law.
Little Angel's PPEC reserves the right to change its information practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information it maintains. Revised notices will be made available to you by written notification.